(1) Bachelor's degree or higher in Mathematics or Secondary Math Education from a regionally accredited institution is Required.
(2) Teaching experience in Secondary or Postsecondary Education is Required.
(3) Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics or Secondary Mathematics Education, experience in the integration of technological innovations into the mathematics curriculum, previous experience with postsecondary developmental mathematics courses, with an emporium model or self-paced mathematics curriculum, and the ability to multi-task effectively is preferred.
|DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: is responsible for coordinating and implementing the redesign process of the developmental mathematics courses with input from and assistance of the math faculty, and assessment compilation of data in cooperation with the math faculty. The part-time assistant evening math lab director will ensure that students adhere to established policies and procedures.
SALARY: $22.00 per hour, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
|APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Completed Wallace Community College employment application;
(3) Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifictions meet the required qualifications outlined below:
a. Teaching experience in Secondary or Postsecondary Education.
(4) Employement verification letter(s) verifying teaching experience in Secondary or Postsecondary Education. Letter(s) must include employement dates and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature.
(5) Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Applications are available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800)543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, email, etc.) application materials. Application packets should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DRIVE
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and Guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This employer participates in E-Verify.