Part-Time Library Assistant (Sparks Campus)
The position will be based initially on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
- Associate degree is required.
- Library experience is preferred.
- Experience working with the general public is preferred.
- Proficiency in filing and use of computers is preferred.
In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: The Library Assistant assists patrons with use of resources, computers, and other services in the library. The position will also be responsible for moving and lifting stacks of books; such as bending, stooping, reaching, moving and lifting 5 to 10 pounds on a consistent basis, and up to 45 pounds on an occasional basis.
$10.00 per hour, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
- Completed Wallace Community College employment application
- Current Resume
- Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifictions meet the required qualifications of the position.
- Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.
Applications are available at www.wallace.edu
or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800)543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, email, etc.) application materials. Application packets should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DRIVE
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and Guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This employer participates in E-Verify.