Part-Time Faculty Positions
QUALIFICATIONS: Part-Time instructors must meet the following applicable credential criteria.
- Academic teaching fields (i.e., Biology, History, Mathematics, etc.) - Required: Masters degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field from a regionally accredited institution. Preferred: Prior teaching experience.
- Career Technical teaching fields (i.e., Computer Numerical Control, Drafting Technology, Industrial Electronics Technology, etc.) - Required: Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, a major in the assigned teaching area, and at least three years successful full-time experience as a practitioner in the technical field. Preferred: Prior teaching experience.
- Allied Health teaching fields (i.e., Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiologic Technology, Emergency Medical Services, and Medical Assisting, etc.) - Required: as appropriate per program an associate degree or a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, specialized coursework equivalent to the community college program, and a minimum of 3 years successful full-time experience as a practitioner in the occupational field. Possess valid and current certifications or licenses that may be required in the teaching field. Preferred: Prior teaching experience.
- Nursing Clinical/Lab Associates (Practical Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing) - Required: Bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of 3 years successful full-time experience as a practitioner in the occupational field. Possess a valid, current, and unencumbered Alabama Board of Nursing license and BLS certification at the healthcare provider level. Preferred: Master's degree in Nursing and prior teaching experience.
- Substitute Instructor (i.e., Auto Body Repair, Business, Criminal Justice, Child Development, Drafting, Industrial Maintenance/Systems, Welding)- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Certificate, diploma, or significant course work beyond the high school level in a related field.
- Part-Time and Substitute Librarian - Required: Master's degree in library science or equivalent degree from a regionally accredited institution. Preferred: Library experience, computer experience, and experience working with the general public. Preferred: Prior teaching experience.
: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Faculty Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following:
• Under the supervision of the division director, associate dean, or instructional dean, employee instructs students according to established policies and procedures.
• Employs appropriate teaching strategies in the instructional setting.
• Delivers each class to ensure an effective learning experience.
• Maintains a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area.
• Incorporates current teaching techniques, subject-area developments, and current technology (if applicable) into the learning experience.
• Provides classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
• Informs students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
• Provides each student with an effective means of evaluating their learning experience.
• Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines.
• Prepares and grade assignments, projects, and examinations as required.
• Demonstrates effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality).
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of the College.
• Performs additional essential job functions that are unique to the instructor position and/or teaching field.
• Demonstrates commitment to the following:
(1) cultivating positive student learning outcomes and assessment
(2) improving student learning
(3) fostering student retention and success
(4) challenging and cultivating student achievement beyond the classroom
(5) supporting a diverse population of learners
(6) working in a participatory and collegial setting
(7) supporting continuous improvement of curricula and services
(8) using technology and other innovative approaches to enhance the teaching/learning process
(9) posting and maintaining student hours in accordance with prevailing policy
: Adjunct instructors in the academic fields are paid $600.00 per credit hour taught. Nursing, allied health, and career technical faculty members are paid for hourly contact with students at various rates depending on the teaching discipline, academic credentials, and professional certifications. Compensation for substitute instructors may vary depending on duration of the instructional assignment and the instructional division (academic or technical) within the College. Appropriate compensation arrangements for substitute instructors will be determined by the College.
: Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Wallace Community College employment application ;
(3) Documentation of full-time experience as a practitioner in the technical or occupational teaching field (if applicable);
(4) Copy of current license, certification, and/or documentation of specialized training in teaching field (if applicable);
(5) Separate official transcripts from each college attended (photocopies will suffice until employed).
Must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment. All application materials should be submitted as a complete packet. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.
Applications are available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800)543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, email, etc.) application materials. Application packets should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DRIVE
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. This employer participates in E-Verify.