Part-Time On-Site Coordinator, Talent Search (Multiple Positions)
Possible position locations:
Eufaula High School
Admiral Moorer Middle School
Russell County High School
Abbeville High School
Abbeville Elementary School (Grade 6)
Barbour County Intermediate School (Grade 6)
Barbour County Junior High School
Barbour County High School
- Master’s degree in counseling, education, psychology, or a related field is required.
- Full-time employment at the school in which the position will be located is required.
- Minimum of one year work experience with a low income, first-generation clientele is required.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and Wallace Community College’s President, duties will include the following: responsible for assisting the Talent Search staff with identifying and referring eligible project participants, conducting needs assessments, maintaining participant data, and scheduling cultural enrichment activities, workshops, and other events. Participates in professional development as required by the College.
SALARY: $21.40 per hour, up to a maximum of 6 hrs per month, not including June thru August. Hours per month will be determined based on location.
APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Completed Wallace Community College employment application with three work references
(3) Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the minimum qualifications outlined below:
- Full-time employment at the school in which the position will be located.
- Minimum of one year work experience with a low income, first-generation clientele.
(4) Appropriate transcript (official or unofficial) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. An application is available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800) 543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, e-mail, etc.) application materials. Applications should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DR
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. This employer participates in E-Verify.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.