Physical Science Adjunct Faculty
(1) Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Physical Science or related discipline is required.
(2) Prior experience teaching Physical Science is preferred.
(3) Experience incorporating multi-media instructional techniques into a curricula including instructional technology for web-based teaching and course management utilizing the Blackboard platform is preferred.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and Wallace Community College’s President, duties will include the following:
• Under the supervision of the division director, associate dean, or instructional dean, employee instructs students according to established policies and procedures.
• Employs appropriate teaching strategies in the instructional setting.
• Delivers each class to ensure an effective learning experience.
• Maintains a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area.
• Incorporates current teaching techniques, subject-area developments, and current technology (if applicable) into the learning experience.
• Provides classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
• Informs students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
• Provides each student with an effective means of evaluating their learning experience.
• Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines.
• Prepares and grade assignments, projects, and examinations as required.
• Demonstrates effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality).
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of the College.
• Performs additional essential job functions that are unique to the instructor position and/or teaching field.
• Demonstrates commitment to the following:
(1) cultivating positive student learning outcomes and assessment
(2) improving student learning
(3) fostering student retention and success
(4) challenging and cultivating student achievement beyond the classroom
(5) supporting a diverse population of learners
(6) working in a participatory and collegial setting
(7) supporting continuous improvement of curricula and services
(8) using technology and other innovative approaches to enhance the teaching/learning process
(9) posting and maintaining student hours in accordance with prevailing policy
SALARY: Adjunct instructors in the academic fields are paid $600.00 per credit hour taught.
APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Completed Wallace Community College employment application;
(3) Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
(4) Transcript (official or copies). Transcripts must identify the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verify the applicant has received the minimum required degree of a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and evidence that the candidate has received the minimum required qualification of 18 graduate semester hours in Physical Science or related discipline.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. An application is available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800) 543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, e-mail, etc.) application materials. Applications should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DR
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. This employer participates in E-Verify.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.