1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
2. Three years’ supervisory experience within the field of information and/or computer technology is required.
3. Five years’ operating experience on AS-400 systems, or similar mid-range computer systems, or main frame systems with greater than 30 users is required.
4. Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems in Microsoft Windows environment (current and recent versions of Windows) is required.
5. Previous experience in an education setting is preferred.
6. Three years’ managing an information technology department, including network and database administration in a multi-user environment is preferred.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: the Director, MIS is primarily responsible for the planning, evaluating, organizing, and delivering College information technology services across the College. The Director provides leadership, vision, and overall management of the MIS department staff. The position is responsible for database management, application security, related online services and related third-party software applications.
SALARY: Based on education and experience commensurate with Salary Schedule C-2 (range: $63,431 - $94,863).
SCREENING COMMITTEE: The President will appoint a Screening and Interview Committee to include representatives of the College faculty and staff. This committee will employ appropriate procedures, including the review of application packets, interview, and demonstration of competency, to determine which applicants are to be recommended to the President for further consideration. From all the applications received, a screening committee will select the applicants to be interviewed. All initial interviews will be conducted in person and applicants must travel at their own expense.
APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: A complete application packet must be received in the Human Resources Office no later than 2:00 pm, Tuesday, May 13, 2014. A complete application packet consists of:
1. Completed Wallace Community College employment application
2. Current Résumé
3. Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the minimum required qualifications outlined below:
a. Three years’ supervisory experience within the field of information and/or computer technology.
b. Five years’ operating experience on AS-400 systems, or similar mid-range computer systems, or main frame systems with greater than 30 users.
c. Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems in Microsoft Windows environment (current and recent versions of Windows).
4. Employment verification letter(s) verifying three years’ supervisory experience within the field of information and/or computer technology and five years’ operating experience on AS-400 systems, or similar mid-range computer systems, or main frame systems with greater than 30 users. Letter(s) must include employment dates and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature.
5. Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required Bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete set of information for each position. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. An application is available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800) 543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, e-mail, etc.) application materials. Applications should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DR
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. This employer participates in E-Verify.