Practical Nursing Instructor (Multiple Positions Available) DEADLINE EXTENDED
- Master’s degree or higher in nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Three years’ experience in clinical practice is required.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alabama is required.
- Experience in theoretical and clinical practical nursing education at the postsecondary level is preferred.
- Experience with national and/or regional accreditation requirements and processes is preferred.
- Experience with instructional technology, including human patient simulation, Web-based teaching, and course management utilizing the Blackboard platform is preferred.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: instruct students according to established policies and procedures. Employs appropriate teaching strategies in the instructional setting. Serves as advisor in the institutional advisement program. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates classroom policies and procedures consistent with College policies.
SALARY: Based on education and experience commensurate with Salary Schedule D-1 for 9 months (range: $38,077 - $74,454).
SCREENING COMMITTEE: The President will appoint a Screening and Interview Committee to include representatives of the College faculty and staff. This committee will employ appropriate procedures, including the review of application packets, interview, and demonstration of competency, to determine which applicants are to be recommended to the President for further consideration. From all the applications received, a screening committee will select the applicants to be interviewed. All initial interviews will be conducted in person and applicants must travel at their own expense.
APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: A complete application packet must be received in the Human Resources Office no later than 2:00 pm, Tuesday, May 27, 2014. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Completed Wallace Community College employment application
(2) Current Résumé
(3) Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the qualifications outlined for the position.
(4) Copy of current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alabama.
(5) Employment verification letter(s) verifying a minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practice. The letter(s) must include employment dates and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature.
(6) Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree of a Master’s degree or higher in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete set of information for each position. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. An application is available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800) 543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, e-mail, etc.) application materials. Applications should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DR
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. This employer participates in E-Verify.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.