Part-Time Welding Lab Assistant
(1) High school diploma or GED is required.
(2) Three years' full-time experience as a welder is required.
(3) Diploma/Certificate in welding and previous work experience as a teaching/lab assistant is preferred.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: provides technical assistance to students either in a classroom or laboratory setting. Tasks performed require technical competence in the subject taught in an assigned laboratory setting.
SALARY: $16.05 per hour, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE/PROCEDURE: Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
(1) Completed Wallace Community College employment application
(2) Current Resume
(3) Cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifictions meet the required qualifications outlined below:
a. Three years' full-time work experience as a welder.
(4) Employment verification letter(s) verifying a minimum of three years' full-time work experience as a welder. Letter(s) must include employement dates and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature.
(5) Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Applications are available at www.wallace.edu or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800)543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, email, etc.) application materials. Application packets should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DRIVE
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and Guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This employer participates in E-Verify.