Part-Time Bus/Van Driver
The position will be based at the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with a passenger endorsement to drive a College van is required.
- An Alabama school bus driver's certificate to drive a yellow school bus is required.
In addition to adhering to guidelines as specified by the Wallace Community College Personnel Handbook, the Alabama State Board of Education, and the College President, duties will include the following: Part-time bus/van drivers will transport TRIO participants and staff to and from the College campus, activities, etc. Drivers would not exceed 19 hours per week. Under the direction of the Directors, performs a variety of duties and responsibilities related to operating College vehicles over designated routes or on field trips and performing routine maintenance. Work schedule may vary dependent upon College or Program needs and may include regular day shift routes, nights, weekends and holidays. Driving assignment available will be based on the number activities and trips scheduled.
$10.00 - $15.00 per hour, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Complete application packets will be accepted by the Human Resources Office on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete application packet consists of:
- Completed Wallace Community College employment application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Copy of valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with a passenger endorsement to drive a College van
- Alabama school bus driver's certificate to drive a yellow school bus
- Appropriate transcript (official or copies) identifying the applicant, institution, date degree conferred and verifying the applicant has received the minimum required degree of a High School diploma or equivalent.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of the College. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.
Applications are available at www.wallace.edu
or by calling (334) 556-2484 or (800)543-2426, Ext. 2484. The College will not accept electronically submitted (fax, email, etc.) application materials. Application packets should be submitted to:
WALLACE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
1141 WALLACE DRIVE
DOTHAN AL 36303-0943
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify us at (334) 556-2484.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and Guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This employer participates in E-Verify.