Early Admission for Accelerated High School Students
Early Admission For Accelerated High School Students.
Students are eligible for early admission if they desire to take courses for college credit only and if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the 10th grade;
Completion of an Application for Accelerated and Dual Enrollment and the Statement of Eligibility for Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit and Accelerated High School Students certifying that students have a minimum cumulative B average and recommending that they be admitted under this policy; and
- Enrollment only in postsecondary courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed (for example, students may not take English Composition until all required high school English courses have been completed). High School students must take the ACCUPLACER® exam and place in eligible courses.
Students may enroll in academic, career and technical, or healthcourses in accordance with guidelines of the Alabama Departmentof Postsecondary Education.
- Enrolled students must pay tuition and fees as required by the institution.
- Exceptions - Exceptions may be granted by the Chancellor of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education for students documented as gifted and talented according to standards included in the Alabama Administrative Code § 290-8-9.12. Exceptions apply only to requirements 1 and 3 above.
- Students Not Attending Public School - This policy is applicable to students who are not attending public school, but who are enrolled in private school or church school pursuant to §16-28-1 of the Code of Alabama, or who are receiving instruction from a private tutor pursuant to §16-28-5 of the Code of Alabama.
Exceptions may be granted by the chancellor of the Department of Postsecondary Education for students documented as gifted and talented according to standards included in the State Plan for Exceptional Children and Youth. Exceptions apply only to requirements 1 and 3 above.
Accelerated high school students who later enroll as regular students at Wallace Community College automatically receive credit for hours earned under this accelerated high school program if the credits are applicable toward their degree program. Students attending other colleges, however, must request in writing that official transcripts be mailed to those institutions if they desire to receive credit earned through this program. College credit earned through this program may not substitute for high school credit.