The English discipline provides quality instruction in transitional, composition, and literature courses in order to facilitate student success at higher education institutions and/or the workplace.
- To develop useful strategies for writing essays from development of subject through revision.
- To write clearly and effectively, adhering to the conventions of Standard English in grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- To implement the recursive process of creating, writing, and revising.
- To develop the students’ ability to read, interpret, and write critically about language and literature.
- To develop a conscious awareness of the role that literature has played in the cultural and philosophical foundation of contemporary society.
We offer a variety of class times and modes of instruction to help you create a schedule that fits your needs:
- Face-to- face classes meet during the day or evening.
- Hybrid classes meet face-to face once a week as well as online
- Online classes meet entirely online.
While these classes are in different modes of instruction, they all require similar commitments of time to complete successfully.
For a list of courses offered in the current or coming quarter, please review the current WCC Semester Schedule