Benefits of Student Support Services
- Professional & peer tutoring
- Peer mentoring
- Campus tours to senior institutions
- Counseling and advising
- Academic & enrichment programs
- Supplemental instruction
- College survival skills
- Employability opportunities
- Transfer counseling
Any U.S. citizen or permanent resident is eligible to receive services from this federally funded program as long as he or she has academic need AND meets at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college)
- Family's taxable income does not exceed levels set by federal government
- Student has a disability and is registered with the Office of Disability Services
Openings are limited and preference is given to students who meet the limited income levels requirement and are first-generation college student or disabled as well as students who are enrolled in any associate degree program with the intent to transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Participant agrees to strive for 100% class attendance and 100% class completion.
- Participant agrees to maintain at least a 2.00 (C) GPA.
- Participant agrees to contact TRiO SSS staff prior to withdrawal from college.
- Participant agrees to attend tutoring sessions as scheduled.
- Participant agrees to attend mid-term evaluation sessions.
- Participant agrees to participate in at least one (1) cultural enrichment event per semester.
- Participant agrees to complete three (3) academic enrichment workshops.
- Participant agrees to attend at least one four-year college/university campus visit.