Test of Essential Academic Skills Version (ATI TEAS®)
The ATI TEAS® measures basic essential skills in the academic content area of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. Applicants must create an account at www.atitesting.com
to register and schedule a date for testing.
Guidelines for ATI TEAS® Testing
Total time available to test – 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes)
Four Option Multiple-choice; Number of Test Questions – 170
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Reading – 58 minutes / 48 questions
- Math – 51 minutes / 34 questions
- Science – 66 minutes / 54 questions
- English & Language – 34 minutes /34 questions
According to the U.S. Department of Education’s Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a disability may be defined as any individual who:
- has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such an impairment.
Any examinee who has a documented disability should contact Disability Support Services
at respective campuses two weeks prior to registered testing date.
Preparing for the ATI TEAS®
Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills, Version Six is available for purchase online from ATI. Wallace students may check out a copy of the manual from the Wallace Library.
Students may also visit the sites listed below for free ATI TEAS® practice questions:
The following items are available for purchase at www.atitesting.com
- Learning Strategies
- TEAS® Pre-Test Study Manual
- TEAS® Online Practice Assessments
- TEAS® Transcripts
There is no minimum score required on the ATI TEAS® but a higher score produces a higher point total. Cost of the ATI TEAS® test is $66.00.
This fee must be paid in advance online by debit or credit card at www.atitesting.com
. You may find the test times for the Wallace Campus in Dothan Testing Center
and the Sparks Campus in Eufaula Testing Center
by clicking each center's name. To see how the ATI TEAS®
score is used, see your specific program's admission information.
Registering for the ATI TEAS®:
Taking the ATI TEAS®
- Log on to www.atitesting.com
- Click on “Register for TEAS®” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- After completing the registration process, testers will be required to create a user account if they do not already have one prior to purchasing the test session. REMEMBER YOUR USER ID AND PASSWORD—IT WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF TESTING.
- Late arrivals will not be tested, please arrive 30 minutes early to the test site. Late arrivals will forfeit his/her testing fee.
- Make sure you bring one form of ID (must be a government issued photographic identification – i.e. Driver’s License or Passport)
The following items are NOT
allowed in the testing lab during the ATI TEAS®:
- Cell Phones
- Food or drink
- Textbooks or reference books of any kind
- Sunglasses, hat or hood
- Music (CD players, MP3 players, IPods, etc.)
- ATI assesses a $27.00 fee to transfer a ATI TEAS® score to a location other than your original test site.
- Missed exams are non-refundable.
- ATI TEAS® is good for three years.
- ATI TEAS® may be repeated only once during any admission time frame. The student must wait at least six-weeks to retest. There are two versions of the exam. The exam software will not allow a student to test twice on the same exam. You must identify yourself as a repeat tester or you will be locked out of exam and testing fees are non-refundable.
- Proof of ATI TEAS® score must be attached to program application.