Increase Font Size Decrease Font Size Print this Page Email to a Friend

What Classes Do I Take?

Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university are encouraged to consult the STARS guide for courses within a certain major. Students can complete the STARS Guide and follow the prompts to receive a transfer guide for their major.

Popular academic transfer courses include:

English 101 and English 102 (English composition)
History 101 and 102 (Western civilization) or History 201 and 202 (United States history)
Psychology 200/210
Art Appreciation 101
Music Appreciation 100
Speech 106 or 107 (oral communication or public speaking)
Biology 103 and 104 (fundamentals of biology)
Chemistry 111 and 112 (fundamentals of chemistry)
Math 112 (Precalculus/Algebra), Math 113 (Precalculus/Trigonometry), Math 125 (Calculus I)

Career-technical programs include:
Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology (Wallace Campus)
Automotive Body Repair (Sparks Campus)
Automotive Technology (Wallace Campus)
Business Administration and Management, Associate’s degree (both campuses)
Cabinetmaking (Wallace Campus)
Carpentry (Wallace Campus)
Child Development (both campuses)
Computer and Information Sciences (both campuses)
Criminal Justice (both campuses)
Drafting and Design Technology (both campuses)
Electrical Technology, Associate’s degree (Wallace Campus)
Industrial Systems/Industrial Maintenance Technology (Wallace Campus)
Medical Assistant (Wallace Campus)
Welding (both campuses)

Allied Health programs

Through the Workforce Investment Act In-School Funding, economically disadvantaged students may receive a scholarship to enroll in general education coursework for these fields:
Associate Degree Nursing*
Emergency Medical Services*
Licensed Practical Nursing*
Physical Therapy Assistant*
Radiologic Technology*
Respiratory Therapist*

*Restrictions regarding program entrance requirements and courses exist within dual enrollment.