IMPORTANT INFORMATION - You must read and follow these instructions in order to complete a scholarship application!
What are the requirements?
- Scholarship criteria vary; however, most scholarships are awarded to those applicants who most closely meet the scholarship guidelines. Each scholarship carries very specific criteria for individuals with financial need. Some scholarships are for specific areas of study or for individuals with specific backgrounds or needs. Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible, assuming all pertinent and required materials are included.
- If awarded a scholarship, recipients must return a signed agreement and a thank you letter prior to the funds being released. The Foundation must receive these no later than a date to be announced or the scholarship funds will be forfeited. The Foundation is not responsible for the loss of funds due to the student's lack of fulfilling of this requirement, so please plan accordingly. In addition, the recipient MAY be asked to attend Foundation functions, speak to groups about the value of the scholarship, and participate in College and Foundation marketing efforts.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 unless otherwise noted. Some scholarships may require a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- If these requirements are not satisfied, the Foundation reserves the right to revoke scholarship funds for future semesters.
- No scholarship or applicant information will be discussed with or released to anyone other person than the applicant, pursuant with FERPA regulations.
When will I hear if I have received a scholarship?
Applicants will be notified by mail prior to the beginning of the semester if they have received a scholarship or not.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications are available on the College’s Web site at www.wallace.edu
, or in the Financial Aid office approximately six weeks prior to the deadline. (Fall semester scholarship applications will be available late May with a July deadline; spring semester applications will be available late August with an October deadline; and summer term applications will be available in early April with a May deadline.)
All applications require a transcript from the last school attended. If you have not been a student of WCC, or if you are in your first semester, you must submit a high school transcript. (A copy of your transcript must be included with the application even though you may have submitted a transcript with your application to the College. Departments do not share information.)
Only one copy of your transcript is required, no matter how many Foundation scholarships you apply for.
Two letters of recommendation
are required and must have an original signature. Only two letters are required no matter how many Foundation scholarships you apply for.
Any documents submitted become the property of the Foundation and will not be returned.