Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit Students
Admission of Dual Enrollment-Dual Credit Students.
Students are eligible for admission as dual enrollment-dual credit students if they desire to take courses for high school and college credit, if their school system has signed a contract with Wallace Community College to participate in this program, and if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Complete an application for admission to Wallace Community College;
- Submit the form Dual Enrollment-Dual Credit Statement of Eligibility in verification of having earned a “B” average in completed high school courses;
- Have written approval of the high school principal and local superintendent of education (Dual Enrollment-Dual Credit Statement of Eligibility);
- Be in grade 10, 11, or 12 or have an exception granted by Wallace Community College on recommendation of the high school principal and superintendent and in accordance with Alabama Administrative Code 290-8-9.17 regarding gifted and talented students; and
- Take the ASSET®/COMPASS™ exam and place into eligible courses.
Students may enroll in career/technical courses and/or programs in accordance with guidelines of the Department of Postsecondary Education.
Courses numbered below 100 and physical education (PED) courses are not eligible for dual enrollment/dual credit students. Students may not audit courses under this policy.
Students enrolled in courses offered during the normal high school day on or off the high school campus must have prior permission from their principal, superintendent, and the appropriate Wallace Community College dean.
Six semester credit hours at Wallace Community College equal one credit at the high school level in the same or related subject.