Congratulations Graduates! The faculty and staff of Wallace Community College are delighted about your upcoming graduation. The deadline to apply for Spring Semester 2015
graduation is Friday, October 10, 2014
. Please follow the instructions below to apply for graduation.
- Complete the online graduation survey at http://www.wallace.edu/gradsurvey. Once completed, print and sign the signature page. You may use an on-campus computer lab or a personal computer with printing capability to complete the survey.
- Complete the Application for Graduation form. Print legibly on your graduation application. The name that appears on your diploma is pulled from this document and may be incorrect if not written in a legible manner. Your name should be the same as what is on your permanent record.
If your name is different, please clear up any issues with the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
Once completed, return the Application for Graduation form and the survey signature form to the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula. This must be returned no later than October 10, 2014.
- If you are requesting a diploma and cover, the cost is $21.50 and you must pay for this in the Business Office by October 10, 2014. There are no refunds if you are unable to graduate.
A special registration session is scheduled for November 13, 2014. This session is conducted for all spring graduation applicants. Once your graduation application has been received, a graduation check-sheet is prepared. This confirms the final course requirements for completing your degree or certificate. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is also required for graduation. You must pick up the graduation check sheet, prior to registering, on November 13, 2014 from the Admissions and Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula. You will need this when meeting with your advisor.
- Photo ID is required to pick up your check sheet!
Graduate Registration Locations:
- Wallace Campus in Dothan - Grimsley Hall, Counseling Services - Room 125
- Sparks Campus in Eufaula - Advisor’s Office
- If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony in May 2015, you must pay for the cap and gown in the Bookstore by Thursday, December 11, 2014. There are no refunds if you are unable to graduate or attend the graduation ceremony.
- If you change your name and/or address, please notify your Graduation Contact (Ms. Laura Armstrong–Dothan, Ms. Wendy Weston-Eufaula) in addition to the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
- Diploma Processing: The official transcript will reflect any degree(s) or certificate(s) earned as of the end of the term noted on the graduation application once graduation is verified by the Registrar.
- If you paid for a diploma and cover and have indicated that you do not wish to participate in the ceremony, your diploma will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application and not to the address in your admissions file. Processing may take up to 6 weeks after the end of the term.
- If you have indicated that you will be participating in the Graduation Ceremony, your diploma and cover will be held by the Registrar and presented to you at the Ceremony in May.
Honor Society Members:
- October 10, 2014 - Deadline to apply for Spring Semester 2015 graduation.
- October 10, 2014 - Deadline to purchase Diploma and cover in the Business Office.
- November 13, 2014 - Registration session (one day) for Spring Semester 2015 graduation applicants.
- December 11, 2014 - Deadline to purchase Cap and Gown in the Bookstore.
Please check with your coordinator to find out information regarding ordering special tassels, etc. for graduation.
NOTE: Please consult with family and/or friends before deciding whether or not to participate in the graduation ceremony. Often family members want to share this milestone. If you do not order graduation regalia, diploma, and cover by the deadline, you will not be able to participate. The graduation ceremony is not the same as the capping and pinning ceremony held by some programs.