General Educational Development Testing (GED)
Wallace Community College is pleased to offer the 2014 GED Test. The new computer-based GED test replaced the paper-based 2002 version. The new test measures the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills that colleges and employers are looking for. The test is comprised of four content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) (150 minutes)
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (70 minutes)
Benefits Of The New Testing Format:
- Alignment from day one to national and state college and career readiness standards
- Same day scoring
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
Cost And Registration:
The cost of the test is $120 for the complete battery or $30 per content area. There are 4 content areas which can be taken individually or as selected by the examinee. Examinees must register online at www.GED.com or call 1-877-EXAM GED (392-6433) to register, schedule and pay for the GED test on computer. Credit and debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Center for Economic and Workforce Development in Dothan: Room 203 5565 Montgomery Highway, next to the State Trooper's office. Dothan, AL 36303 (334) 556-2373 Sparks Campus in Eufaula: Information Office A Building 3235 South Eufaula Ave. Eufaula, AL 36027 (334) 687-3543 ext. 4210.
State of Alabama GED Testing Program:
Frequently Asked Questions: