Home » Community Services » Adult Education » GED Tests and Transcripts
Print this Page Email to a Friend

GED Tests 

The General Education Development (GED) Tests allow adults who did not complete high school an opportunity to earn a high school credential.

State of Alabama GED Testing Program


Frequently Asked Questions



Beginning January 2014, GED registration will be online. To register, go to www.GEDcomputer.com.  Click Register to start the process.  All four content areas (which are called modules) will be displayed with the length and price of each.  You can select as many content areas as you wish.  You will see test centers located closest to the address you provided during registration.  You can select up to three test centers to compare availability for the content areas you have selected.  Once the location, date, and time are selected, an appointment confirmation screen will appear.  GED fees must be paid online when you register and these fees are non-refundable.  Fees must be paid using a credit card or debit card.  Applicants will need the identification required by the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education listed at the following Web site (http://www.accs.cc/gedfaq.aspx).


Center for Economic and Workforce Development in Dothan:
Room 203
5565 Montgomery Highway, next to the State Trooper's office.
Dothan, AL 36303
(334) 556-2373

Sparks Campus in Eufaula:
Information Office
A Building
3235 South Eufaula Ave.
Eufaula, AL 36027
(334) 687-3543 ext. 4210

GED Registration (Online):

  • Social Security card
  • See Registration section for details

GED Test:

  • Valid current government-issued picture ID
  • Original Social Security card


  • $120 full battery test
  • $30 each for any retest section


  • Must not be enrolled in any school
  • Must be 18 years or older  

Special Requirements for Testers under 18 years:

  • Must be officially withdrawn from public or private school.
  • Present a completed notarized Student Exit Interview form from the last school attended and the form must be signed by the Superintendent of Schools or the Headmaster.
  • Present a notarized letter from a parent or guardian giving the minor permission to take the GED.

GED Transcript Request Forms

If you need your transcript sent to Wallace Community College, please complete bottom section of REQUEST OFFICIAL GED TRANSCRIPT FORM and turn it in to the Admissions office. There is no fee for this service.

If you need your transcript sent elsewhere, please complete GED FORM 3 and mail it to GED TESTING PROGRAM, P.O. BOX 302130, MONTGOMERY, AL 36130 along with your $10 fee or you may contact the Alabama State GED Testing Services at 1-800-392-8086 (inside Alabama) or 334-353-4885 (outside Alabama).