Chapter 34/30 – Old Montgomery GI Bill – Vietnam Era
Benefits for veterans under the Old Montgomery GI Bill were terminated December 31, 1989. Some benefits for these veterans were carried over to the new Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill.
Beginning August 1, 2011, break (or interval pay) will no longer be payable under MGIB-AD except during periods your school is closed as a result of an Executive Order of the President or an emergency (such as a natural disaster or strike). For example, if your Fall term ends on December 15th and your Spring term begins January 10th, your January housing allowance will cover 15 days in December and your February housing allowance will cover 21 days in January.
Proper documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by the student in order to originate the processing of VA enrollment certifications and related processes.
Documents needed include:
New VA beneficiary
- Apply online at Application for GI Bill Benefits or by completing a copy of 22-1990 Application.
- Provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of your 22-1990 Application OR Certificate of Eligibility from VA.
- Submit copies to VA along with paper application:
- DD Form 214 Member 4 Copy
- VA Form 686C - Declaration of Status of Dependents along with current marriage certificates,
all divorce decrees, dependent birth certificates, dependent Social Security Numbers
- 22-1999, Application for Advance Payment - certain restrictions apply;
obtain this form in the Financial Aid Office
- VA Information Sheet (print, sign and submit to the Financial Aid Office)
Transfer from prior college OR change program of study
- Copy of 22-1995, Change of Major or Place of Training
- 22-1999, Application for Advance Payment - certain restrictions apply; obtain this form in the Financial Aid Office
- VA Information Sheet print, sign and submit to the Financial Aid Office)