(Wallace and Sparks Campuses)
- Accounting Technology - The mission of the Accounting Technology program is to prepare students for entry-level employment or advancement in the accounting field through a series of experience provided in fundamental accounting principles and procedures, cost accounting, income tax procedures, payroll accounting, government, not-for-profit accounting and the use of microcomputers. The degree awarded for completion of this program is an associates in applied science.
- Business Computer Applications -The mission for the Business Computer Applications program is to prepare students to effectively use the computer for daily business operations. Special attention is given to 'hands-on' experience using popular software applications.
- Office Administration - The mission of the Office Administration program is to prepare students for employment or advancement in office support positions by providing learning experiences in word processing, spreadsheet management, database management, written and oral communications, administrative office procedures, and Internet usage, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving experiences.
- Supervisory Management - The Supervisory Management program provides students with the skills necessary to be successful in a position of supervisory leadership. Graduates of the program can benefit by becoming qualified for advancement into a supervisory position, enhancing current skills for persons who are already supervising others, or for promotion into a position of greater leadership, responsibility and influence.
- Accounting Technology - The Accounting Technology program provides the training necessary to become a financial record keeper. Areas of training will include computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data to maintain accurate financial records. Graduates of the Accounting Technology program may become employed as an accounts payable clerk, inventory control clerk, accounts receivable clerk, bookkeeping clerk or auditing clerk.
- Business Computer Applications - Graduates of the Business Computer Applications program may become employed as a general office clerk, desktop publishers, administrative assistant, or office supervisor.
- Office Administration - Graduates of the Office Administration program may become employed as a general office clerk, administrative assistant, office manager, legal office manager or executive office manager.
- Supervisory Management - Graduates of the Supervisory Management program may become employed as a general office manager, sales manager, or production manager.
- Accounting Technology - A successful accounting clerk must have knowledge of database and computerized accounting software, ability to work in an office environment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Business Computer Applications - Graduates of the Business Computer Applications program will be equipped with the computer skills necessary to be competitive in today's technologically advanced job market. They will also acquire the in demand application skills using the most current and popular software packages.
- Office Administration - Students develop skills in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheet management, and record/information management.
- Supervisory Management - Students develop skills in leadership, communications, team building, quality, managing change, employee motivation, creative problem solving, performance management, coaching, managing priorities, building productive working relationships, project management, conducting effective meetings.
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Office and Administrative Support Workers, All Other
First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
CATALOG INFORMATION (Course Requirements) (pdf)
Mr. Delmar Smith
Supervisory Management Instructor/Division Director
Phone: 334-983-3521x2450 - Dothan
Ms. Amy Greene
Phone: 334-687-3543x4254- Eufaula
Mr. Naser Kamleh
Accounting Technology Instructor
Phone: 334-983-3521x2378 - Dothan
Ms. Paula Mims
Phone: 334-983-3521x2242 - Dothan
Ms. Amy Rasberry
Accounting Technology Instructor
Phone: 334-687-3543x4234 - Eufaula