In keeping with the mission of the Alabama Community College System, applicants with less than a high school diploma or GED® may be admitted to courses not creditable toward an associate degree or programs comprised exclusively of courses not creditable toward an associate degree, provided they meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 16 years of age: AND
- Have not been enrolled in secondary education for at least one calendar year; AND
- Have specifically documented ability to benefit appropriate scores on the COMPASS ® OR
- Hold the Alabama Occupational Diploma, as defined by the Alabama State Board of Education, the high school diploma of another state equivalent to the Alabama Occupational Diploma, or an equivalent diploma issued by a nonpublic high school, and have not achieved a minimum ACT® score of 16 or a minimum SAT ®score of 790 on critical reading and math.
Educational programs composed exclusively of courses not creditable toward an associate degree and are available to the general public include Auto Body Repair, Cabinetmaking/Carpentry, Cosmetology, Cosmetology - Nail Technology, Masonry, and Welding Technology.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
According to the U.S. Department of Education’s Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a disability may be defined as any individual who:
- has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such an impairment.
Any examinee who has a documented disability should contact Disability Support Services
at respective campuses two weeks prior to registered testing date.
NOTE: Dates are tentative and are subject to change.
|| 1:00 p.m.
|| 8:00 a.m.
|| 9:00 a.m.