Placement Testing (COMPASS)
Through the use of a designated placement assessment, Wallace Community College assesses incoming students to place them in courses in which they can be successful. WCC requires all entering students to complete the designated placement assessment prior to registration. To view acceptable exemptions, visit the Placement Testing criteria and exemptions.
COMPASS Registration Instructions
For testing resources and to view sample COMPASS questions, view Testing Resources.
COMPASS/ASSET Challenge Policy
- The test is a come and go test. Students will not be permitted to begin the test after the last time listed.
- Students must bring photo ID to the test. Failure to do so will result in students not being allowed to test at that particular session.
- Students may use their own calculator if approved by ACT. To view a list of approved calculators, visit: http://www.act.org/compass/student/calculator.html. (link to website)
- This test is computerized and not timed.
- There is no cost for the first time a student takes the COMPASS test.
According to the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education State Board Policy 902.01 Guidelines, students may challenge their placement (from ASSET/ COMPASS testing) in English, reading, and/or math by "re-testing one time only" if they are not satisfied with their score(s).There is an eight dollar ($8) retest fee of the COMPASS. Retesting payment forms may be picked up in the Testing Lab on the Wallace Campus or at the Administration Building, Information Desk on the Sparks Campus. The retesting fee must be paid in the Business Office prior to testing.
Wallace Campus in Dothan: (334) 983-3521, ext. 2296
Sparks Campus in Eufaula: (334) 687-3543, ext. 4249, ext. 4249
Test dates are scheduled on a regular basis through Testing Services at each campus.