The Evolve Reach Admissions Assessment (A2®) Exam
What is the A2® Exam?
The Evolve Reach Admissions Assessment (A2®) Exam measures basic skills in the following academic content areas:
- Math: (50 items) Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, and general math facts.
- Reading Comprehension: (47 items) Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, including: identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge: (50 items) Contains basic vocabulary that is often used in health care fields.
- Grammar: (50 items) Contains basic grammar including: parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, and commonly occurring grammatical errors.
- Additional questions on the following topics will be included but not used in score determination:
- Learning Styles: 14 item assessment of the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Personality Style: 25 item assessment of personality related to the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Applicants will receive a printout of study tips based on their learning style and personality profile.
- Total time available to test: 4 hours
Who should register for the A2 Exam?
All students who apply to the Radiologic Technology Program at Wallace Community College are required to take the A2® Exam as part of the application process. The score received on this exam will be considered as part of the selective admissions process. (See the Radiologic Technology Admissions Ranking Sheet for a breakdown of the scoring process.)
How do I prepare for the A2® Exam?
The Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam Review, 2nd Edition is available for purchase online from HESI
How do I register for the A2® Exam?
- Complete an Application for Admissions to Wallace Community College. Once your application is complete you will be assigned a student number which you must have to register for the exam. This student number also allows you to make payment for the exam.
- You must email your request for a test date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org. The dates and times for taking the exam are listed below. Be sure to use a valid email address that you check often. A confirmation email with a payment form attached will be sent to the email address you use for registration. If you do not have an email address you will be provided an email address with Wallace Community College when your application to the College is complete.
- The cost of the exam is of $34 (non-refundable). Payment must be made in the business office at any Wallace Community College Campus prior to testing. You must bring your confirmation email with payment form to the business office to pay. You must also have your student number to make this payment.
- You must bring a copy of the confirmation email and your original receipt with you on your designated test date.
- All testing takes place in the Testing Center in Grimsley Hall, room 126, on the Wallace Campus in Dothan. Please visit www.wallace.edu for directions.
- Forty seats are available for each testing date and time.
- You must register at least 24 hours prior to the exam.
What should I do on my scheduled test date?
- Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to testing time
- Allow 4 hours in your schedule for the testing process
- Bring the following to the test:
- Government issued picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc)
- A printed copy of your email test date confirmation
- Receipt for payment of the test from the business office
- Your email address
- Your student number
- Please note:
- Calculators, cell phones, iPods and other electronic devices are not allowed
- No breaks are allowed during the testing process
Anything else I need to know?
- There is no minimum score for this exam. You should be attempting to get the highest score possible.
- Evolve assesses a $15 fee to transfer A2® Exam scores to another program other than Wallace Community College.
- Missed exams are non-refundable; however you may reschedule by email no later than 24 hours prior to your original test date and time.
- The A2® Exam may be repeated only once during any admission time frame. When scheduling a second attempt you must state it is your second attempt in the registration email. There are two versions of the exam. The exam software will not allow a student to test twice on the same exam. If you do not identify yourself as a repeat tester you will be locked out of the exam and testing fees are non-refundable. The second attempt can be scheduled for any of the testing dates listed below.
- Please visit for http://www.wallace.edu/deptpages/health/rad/program_information.php for information regarding the program application or selection process. No questions will be answered through the registration email address.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
According to the U.S. Department of Education’s Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a disability may be defined as any individual who:
- has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such an impairment.
Any examinee who has a documented disability should contact Thomas Maple (334) 556-2616 two weeks prior to registered testing date.
Interested in taking the exam at a testing site other than Wallace College?
You can take the test through a Prometric testing site. The cost of the test is $85.00 If you are interested in taking the exam through a Prometric site contact Testing Service (334) 556-2296 for additional information.
A2® Testing Schedule