Wallace Community College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association and the Southern Division of the Alabama Community College Conference. The Wallace Govs compete in varsity athletics in men’s baseball and women’s softball. Scholarships are awarded to student-athletes who are recommended by the coaching staff and Athletic Director based on ability to compete at the Junior College level.
Coaching staffs for both teams are committed to the student-athlete’s development on and off the field and structure team-related activities accordingly.
NOTE: Wallace Community College is pleased to announce that spectators will be allowed to attend our home baseball and softball games this spring, with the following guidelines in place:
- All spectators will abide by a mask-while-moving policy, only being permitted to take off masks when in their seats.
- Seating will be limited to beyond the outfield fences at the both fields. Fans are encouraged to bring their own chairs and distance themselves when finding a place to sit.
- Upon completion of the day’s game(s), spectators will be expected to return to their vehicles and leave campus immediately. Student-athletes will not be dismissed from the playing field until all spectators have left the athletic facility.
- Unless there is an injury that warrants involvement, there will be no close-contact (within 6 feet) interaction between student-athletes and spectators before, during, or after games and while student-athletes are in the confines of the athletic facilities.
- There will be no concession stand availability during the season.
- Tailgating and grills are prohibited.
- Fans will be allowed to utilize bathrooms housed in the press boxes but will be required to return to their seat immediately after use.
- 2/24/2021 UPDATE
- There will be limited seating available in the bleachers. Available seats will be marked accordingly, and all fans seated in this area must wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Seating will be prohibited on the concrete pads behind the backstop and in front of the bleachers.
These policies are subject to change, based upon local, state, and national guidelines, with any changes being posted to our College website and social media accounts.
Thank you for your continued support of our athletic programs, and Go Govs!!