The following students are considered to be TRIO eligible:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- First-generation college students
- Meet the income guideline requirements set by the U.S. Department of Education
- A current freshman or sophomore at Abbeville, Barbour County, Bullock County, or Eufaula High Schools
- Must demonstrate academic potential for college
- Interested in attending college and obtaining a two- or four-year degree
- Commitment to actively participate in the program until high school graduation
First-generation college student’s parents or guardians did not graduate from a four-year institution.
Low income is based on Federal Income Guidelines.