Students who do not completely withdraw from the College but drop a class during the regular drop and add period are refunded the difference in tuition and fees paid and tuition and fees applicable to the reduced number of hours, including fees appropriate to the classes dropped. No refund is due to a student who partially withdraws after the official drop and add period.
Students who have not attended class by the fifth class day of a term are removed from that class. Students who have not attended any classes by the fifth class day will have their registrations voided and will not be registered for that term. It is the student’s responsibility to attend class. If an emergency should occur, Wallace Campus students are to contact the Office of the Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar at 334-556-2468, and Sparks Campus students should contact the Student Affairs Office at 334-687-3543, Ext. 4282, prior to the fifth day of a term. Students at other College locations should contact the designated College official.
Steps for a Partial Withdrawal
- Meet with instructor(s) prior to withdrawing from the class.
- Login into myWCC (OneACCS).
- Access the Student tab.
- Click the Student Landing Page link.
- Click on the Registration link.
- Click on Register for Classes.
- Select the term and continue.
- Locate the Summary box on the Find Classes tab (bottom right).
- Locate the class you want to withdraw from.
- Under the Action column, select Web Withdrawal and submit.
Students who officially withdraw and have never attended any class(es) are refunded the total tuition and other refundable fees. Students who officially withdraw and have attended class(es) are refunded tuition and refundable fees calculated from the actual date of withdrawal. Refunds are calculated based on the following schedule:
Complete withdrawal… Refund Amount
During first week… 70%
During second week… 45%
During third week… 20%
After end of third week… None
Refund check(s) are made payable to the student and mailed to the student’s home address as recorded in the registration file. An administrative fee of 5% of tuition and other institutional charges are assessed for each withdrawal within the period beginning the first day of class and ending at the end of the third week of class. The total amount charged for this service will not exceed $100. Financial Aid students are subject to the Return of Unearned Aid, Responsibility of the Student policy.
Steps for Complete Withdrawal
- Meet with instructor(s) prior to completing the withdrawal form.
- Complete and submit the Online Complete Withdrawal Form.
- If you have any outstanding debts with the LRC or the Business Office, you will be notified via email or mail to pay those outstanding fees before you can return the next semester.
Ineligibility for Refund
Students who are withdrawn by the College for disciplinary reasons, non-payment of charges, or other similar reasons are not eligible for a refund.
Title IV Refunds
When a Pell, ACG, and/or SEOG grant recipient completely withdraws from the College, the Business Office must determine the amount of the grant(s) that the student earned as of the student’s withdrawal date.
The student’s date of withdrawal is either of the following dates:
- The date, as determined by the College, that the student began the withdrawal process prescribed by the College.
- The date, as determined by the College, that the student otherwise provided official notification to the College, in writing or verbally, of his or her intent to withdraw.
Note: If the student ceases attendance without providing official notification to the College, the midpoint of the payment period or the last date of an academically related activity in which the student participated is used as the date of withdrawal.