TRiO Upward Bound (UB) at Wallace Community College is a federally funded grant program through the U.S. Department of Education in which the mission is to increase the rate at which high school students complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of a higher education. Tutoring, counseling, mentoring, and cultural enrichment are critical components to the Upward Bound Program.
First Contact Information:
Location (Building, Room and Campus): Administrative Building Room 7 Sparks Campus
Phone Number (direct dial, if only ext. do an ITS Helpdesk): 1-800-543-2426 ext. 4255
Email Address: Trioub@wallace.edu
Hours of Operations: Monday – Thursday 7:30A.M. – 4:30P.M. Friday 7:30A.M. – 2:00P.M.
“Inspire to dream more, learn more, and more so I can become a LEADER.”
- Academic instruction in mathematics, science, English, and foreign languages
- Tutoring, counseling, mentoring, and pre-collegiate advising services
- Opportunity to participate in an intensive six week summer academic program
- Educational field trips which supplement classroom activities
- Ability to use the computer center, sports facilities, library, and other campus venues
- Cultural enrichment activities such as visits to museums, plays, and art exhibits
- Programs and activities that are specifically designed for target population