Congratulations Graduates! The faculty and staff of Wallace Community College are delighted about your upcoming graduation. Please follow the instructions below to apply for graduation.
1. Complete the online graduation survey at https://www.wallace.edu/gradsurvey. Complete the Application for Graduation form. This form must be submitted no later than the deadline appropriate to your term of graduation (refer to the Important Dates section listed below.)
- If your name is different, please clear up any issues with the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
If you are requesting a diploma and cover, the cost is $21.50. The non-refundable fee will be applied to your oneACCS account for payment. You can also make payment in the Business office (refer to payment deadline dates below).
A graduation check-sheet will be sent to your student email. This process can take up to three weeks after submitting your application. This confirms the final course requirements for completing your degree or certificate. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is also required for graduation. It is recommended that you meet with an advisor or counselor prior to your final semester to discuss the results of your graduation check-sheet.
3. If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony in May 2022, you must pay for the cap and gown in the Bookstore by Thursday, December 2, 2021. There are no refunds if you are unable to graduate or attend the graduation ceremony.
4. If you change your name and/or address, please notify your Graduation Contact (Ms. Marlana Sanders – Dothan or Ms. Wendy Weston – Eufaula) in addition to the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
5. Diploma Processing: The official transcript will reflect any degree(s) or certificate(s) earned as of the end of the
term noted on the graduation application once graduation is verified by the Registrar.
- If you paid for a diploma and cover and have indicated that you do not wish to participate in the ceremony, your diploma will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application and not to the address in your admissions file. Processing may take up to 8 weeks after the end of the term.
- If you have indicated that you will be participating in the Graduation Ceremony, your diploma and cover will be held by the Registrar and presented to you at the Ceremony in May.
March 5, 2021 – Deadline to submit Summer 2021 intent to graduate (completing degree or certificate requirements in August 2021).
May 12, 2021 – Graduation Ceremony – Dothan Civic Center. The commencement exercises will occur in four separate ceremonies to accommodate students and family while practicing social distancing. Students should refer to their specific information for assigned ceremony time and details. Masks are required. Students are allowed 4 guests. Each guest must have a ticket. The tickets are provided by the college.
June 14, 2021 – Deadline to submit Fall 2021 intent to graduate (completing degree or certificate requirements in December 2021.) If you plan to pre-register for Fall classes during early registration times, you will need to pay for the diploma fee prior to class registration to avoid any processing holds that may restrict registration.
December 2, 2021 – Deadline to purchase cap and gown in the Bookstore.
Honor Society Members:
Please check with your coordinator to find out information regarding ordering special tassels, etc. for graduation.
NOTE: Please consult with family and/or friends before deciding whether or not to participate in the graduation ceremony. Often family members want to share this milestone. If you do not order graduation regalia, diploma, and cover by the deadline, you will not be able to participate. The graduation ceremony is not the same as the capping and pinning ceremony held by some programs.