Congratulations Graduates! The faculty and staff of Wallace Community College are delighted about your upcoming graduation. Please follow the instructions below to apply for graduation.
1. Complete the online graduation survey at https://www.wallace.edu/gradsurvey. You may use an on-campus computer lab or a personal computer to complete the survey. Complete the Application for Graduation form. This form must be submitted no later than the deadline appropriate to your term of graduation (refer to the Important Dates section listed below.)
- If your name is different, please clear up any issues with the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
- If you are requesting a diploma and cover, the cost is $21.50 and you must pay for this in the Business Office by the deadline appropriate to your term of graduation. There are no refunds if you are unable to graduate.
A special registration session is scheduled each semester for all graduation applicants who submitted the Application for Graduation by the appropriate deadline. Once your graduation application has been received, a graduation check-sheet is prepared. This confirms the final course requirements for completing your degree or certificate. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is also required for graduation. Your graduation checklist will be sent to your student email prior to the Graduate Registration session. You will need this when meeting with your advisor.
Graduate Registration Locations:
- Wallace Campus in Dothan – Grimsley Hall, Counseling Services – Room 125
- Sparks Campus in Eufaula – Advisor’s Office
3. If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony in May 2021, you must pay for the cap and gown in the Bookstore by Thursday, December 3, 2020. There are no refunds if you are unable to graduate or attend the graduation ceremony.
4. If you change your name and/or address, please notify your Graduation Contact
(Ms. Marlana Sanders – Dothan or Ms. Wendy Weston – Eufaula) in addition to the Admissions/Records Office on the Wallace Campus in Dothan or the Student Services Office on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula.
5. Diploma Processing: The official transcript will reflect any degree(s) or certificate(s) earned as of the end of the
term noted on the graduation application once graduation is verified by the Registrar.
- If you paid for a diploma and cover and have indicated that you do not wish to participate in the ceremony, your diploma will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application and not to the address in your admissions file. Processing may take up to 8 weeks after the end of the term.
- If you have indicated that you will be participating in the Graduation Ceremony, your diploma and cover will be held by the Registrar and presented to you at the Ceremony in May.
March 3, 2020 – Deadline to apply for Summer Semester 2020 graduation. (Completing degree or certificate requirements in August.)
March 3, 2020 – Deadline to purchase Diploma and cover in the Business Office for Summer Semester 2020.
April 7, 2020 – Registration for Summer Semester 2020 graduation applicants. (Cancelled)
May 7, 2020 – Sparks Campus in Eufaula Graduation Ceremony at the Eufaula Community Center, 10:00 a.m. (Cancelled)
May 11, 2020 – Wallace Campus in Dothan Graduation Ceremony at the Dothan Civic Center, 2:00 p.m. (Cancelled)
August 6, 2020 – Rescheduled Sparks and Dothan campus Graduation Ceremony at Dothan Civic Center, 7:00 p.m.
December 3, 2020 – Deadline to purchase cap and gown in the Bookstore.
Honor Society Members:
Please check with your coordinator to find out information regarding ordering special tassels, etc. for graduation.
NOTE: Please consult with family and/or friends before deciding whether or not to participate in the graduation ceremony. Often family members want to share this milestone. If you do not order graduation regalia, diploma, and cover by the deadline, you will not be able to participate. The graduation ceremony is not the same as the capping and pinning ceremony held by some programs.