Earn while you Learn!
Apprenticeships are employer-based programs that help workers learn specialized skills needed in today’s work environment, combining on-the-job learning with related classroom instruction.
Students earn recognized credentials, while employers develop a talented team and close the skills gap. Apprenticeships are esteemed opportunities!
Note: To be eligible for an Apprenticeship, you must be currently taking courses in the relevant Career Technical program.
Why should I choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great alternative pathway to a successful career
Benefits of apprenticeship include:
- Hands-on learning and job-related classroom or technical training provided
- Wages that increase as new skills are learned
- Earn credentials, certifications, and college degrees
- Jump-start your career, supporting yourself and your family while learning
- Local employers offering apprenticeships give you the opportunity for a career close to home
Just some of the apprenticeship opportunities offered by employers in the Wiregrass include those listed below, though there are many others:
- Automotive Technician
- Early Childhood Educator
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Desk Specialist
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
Associate Dean, Career and Technical Education
‘The ultimate goal of education is to spark a pursuit of knowledge and gain skills for the perfect career’ -Martha Compton