Wallace Community College
Learning Resources Centers System
Online Library Orientation for Off-Campus Dual Enrollment Students
Click here for LRC Orientation Tutorial
Item Reserve and Delivery Procedures for
Dual Enrollment Sites
Item Reserve is a service that will pull WCC library materials from the shelves and place them on hold for students at the WCC Learning Resources Center (LRC) or instructional site which they attend or arrange for the delivery. Shipping charges may apply to materials that require mailing.
Who can use the Item Reserve service?
- Any eligible WCC library student, faculty, or staff patron may use this service
How do I place an Item Reserve request?
- Locate the WCC Online Library Catalog at wallace.edu > Campus Life & Resources>Library>Library Catalog
- Login to the WCC online library catalog using your
- Username: Full WCC E-mail Address
- Password: student’s six-digit birthday. (Ex. Jan. 1, 2001 = 010101)
- Locate the item that you would like in the WCC online library catalog
- Click on the title of the item (red font) in the results list
- Select the “Reserve” symbol at the right of the item description
- Once you select the “Reserve” symbol it automatically reserves the item
Where are materials delivered?
- Off Campus Dual Enrollment Sites:
- Items will be delivered to the WCC Library Service Desk of your choice.
- Curbside Service:
- is available at the Wallace and Sparks Campus LRCs.
- Items will be available after you receive the Item Available Notice via College email
- Reserve a pick-up time using the Bookings System located at
- Telephone the library desk upon arrival on campus.
- The telephone number will be included on the Item Available Notice.
- Items will remain on the hold shelf for 10 days from the day that you receive your Item Available Notice.
- What items are eligible for Retrieve from Shelf?
- Most WCC LRC print format books and audiovisuals
- How long will it take to receive my items?
- Items should be available to you typically within 3 working days
- Curbside Service requires a 24 hour notice.
- Turnaround time excludes weekends WCC holidays.
- How do I return the items I’ve received?
- Return the item(s) to the WCC location at which you received it.
- Return Service at curbside requires a 24 hour notice.