Wallace and Sparks Foundation Scholarships
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – You must read and follow these instructions in order to complete a scholarship application!
What are the requirements?
- Scholarship criteria vary; however, most scholarships are awarded to those applicants who most closely meet the scholarship guidelines. Each scholarship carries very specific criteria for individuals with financial need. Some scholarships are for specific areas of study or for individuals with specific backgrounds or needs. Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible, assuming all pertinent and required materials are included.
- If awarded a scholarship, recipients will receive an email notification award and must respond to the email prior to the funds being released. The Foundation must receive your acceptance email response no later than the specified date or the scholarship funds will be forfeited. The Foundation is not responsible for the loss of funds due to the student’s lack of fulfilling this requirement, so please plan accordingly. In addition, the recipient MAY be asked to attend Foundation functions, speak to groups about the value of the scholarship, and participate in College and Foundation marketing efforts.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 unless otherwise noted. Some scholarships may require a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- If these requirements are not satisfied, the Foundation reserves the right to revoke scholarship funds for future semesters.
- No scholarship or applicant information will be discussed with or released to any other person than the applicant, pursuant with FERPA regulations.
When will I hear if I have received a scholarship?
All applicants will be notified by email prior to the beginning of the semester if they have or have not received a scholarship.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications are available on the College’s Web site at www.wallace.edu approximately four weeks prior to the deadline. (Fall semester scholarship applications will be available mid June with a July deadline; spring semester applications will be available late September with an October deadline; Summer semester scholarship applications will be available in early March with an April deadline.)
Three references with telephone number or email address are required.
Any documents submitted become the property of the Foundation and will not be returned.