What is a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)? 2019 QEP Video
A QEP is a carefully designed and focused course of action that addresses a well-defined topic or issue(s) related to improving student learning and/or success. A QEP must be described in an official document and must be implemented as a part of the Wallace Community College (WCC) reaccreditation process through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This course of action should support a topic identified through WCC’s ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes, and should have broad-based support of institutional constituencies.
How will the QEP benefit our students?
As we carry out the WCC mission, the QEP will be interwoven into our ongoing planning and evaluation procedures to address how our policies and processes can lead to higher levels of student learning and/or success.
Guidelines for Selecting the QEP Topic:
- Focuses on specific, measurable aspects of student learning and/or success
- Supports WCC’s mission and institutional goals
- Supports a topic identified through WCC’s ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes
- Involves broad-based input and support from institutional constituencies
- Enables ongoing quality enhancement with clear, actionable goals
- Enables effective evaluation methods and strategies
- Uses available institutional resources