Transfer Students

Unconditional Admission of Transfer Students
Applicants who have previously attended other duly accredited postsecondary institutions are considered transfer students. To be classified as degree eligible, transfer students must submit to the College an application for admission and official transcripts from all duly accredited postsecondary institutions and official high school transcripts.  Applicants who have completed the baccalaureate degree are required to furnish only the transcript from the institution granting the baccalaureate degree.

Transfer students must disclose all postsecondary institutions previously attended. Failure to do so may result in disapproval of the application for admission or expulsion from the College.

Conditional Admission of Transfer Students
Transfer students who do not have on file official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended, if required, and an official high school transcript may be granted conditional admission. No transfer students are allowed to enroll for a second term unless all required admission records have been received by Wallace Community College prior to registration for the second term. The responsibility for providing all required documents rests with the student.

If all required admission records are not received by Wallace Community College prior to issuance of first-term grades, the grades are reported on the transcript; however, the transcript will read CONTINUED ENROLLMENT DENIED PENDING RECEIPT OF ADMISSION RECORDS. This notation is removed from the transcript only on receipt of all required admission records.

Initial Academic Status of Transfer Students
Transfer students whose cumulative grade point average at the transfer institution(s) is 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale are admitted on CLEAR academic status.

A transfer student whose cumulative grade point average at the transfer institution(s) is less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale is admitted only on ACADEMIC PROBATION. The transcript will read ADMITTED ON ACADEMIC PROBATION.

Applicants who have been academically suspended from a duly accredited postsecondary institution may be admitted as transfer students only after appeal to the Admissions and Academic Standards Committee. If transfer students are admitted upon appeal, they will enter the College on ACADEMIC PROBATION. The transcript will read ADMITTED UPON APPEAL—ACADEMIC PROBATION.

General Principles for Transfer of Credit
Coursework transferred or accepted for credit toward an undergraduate program must represent collegiate course work relevant to the formal award. Course content and level of instruction must result in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in the College’s undergraduate formal award programs. In assessing and documenting equivalent learning and qualified faculty members, the College may use recognized guides that aid in the evaluation for credit. Such guides include those published by the American Council on Education, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, and the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs.

Courses completed with a passing grade at other duly accredited institutions are accepted for transfer as potentially creditable toward graduation requirements. Transfer grades of D are accepted only when the transfer student’s cumulative GPA is 2.0 or above at the time of admission. If students have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above, the D grade is accepted the same as for native students.

During the semesters associated with COVID-19, WCC will continue to honor and evaluate transfer grades of pass/fail (or satisfactory/unsatisfactory) grades. The pass/fail grades will be reviewed but will not be calculated into the applicants cumulative GPA, which we consider in the application review process. Transfer credit will be awarded for a “pass” final grade. No transfer credit will be awarded for a “fail” final grade. A course-by-course evaluation for each applicant will be conducted for all courses to determine transfer ability and if credit will be awarded at WCC for each transferable course as an elective or direct equivalency. Each program of study determines how these credits are awarded to a student’s degree plan if they enroll.

Transfer students who desire to have course work completed at international colleges or universities evaluated for transfer credit must submit an evaluation provided by an organization affiliated with The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (