The Evolve Reach Admissions Assessment (A2®) Exam
A2® Testing Schedule
Test Date Test Time
Friday, January 22 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, January 28 12:00 noon
Monday, February 1 12:00 noon
Friday, February 5 8:30 a.m.
Monday, February 8 (REMOTE) 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, February 9 9:00 a.m.
Thursday, February 18 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, March 2 12:00 noon
Tuesday, March 9 (REMOTE) 1:00 p.m.
Friday, March 12 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, March 18 9:00 a.m.
Monday, March 22 9:00 a.m.
Monday, March 29 9:00 a.m.
Monday, March 29 (REMOTE) 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 2 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, April 6 12:00 noon
Thursday, April 15 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20 12:00 noon
Thursday, April 22 9:00 a.m.
Thursday, April 22 (REMOTE) 5:00 p.m.
Friday, May 7 (REMOTE) 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, May 11 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 13 8:30 a.m.
Monday, May 17 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, May 18 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 19 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 26 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 27 1:00 p.m.
What is the A2® Exam? The Evolve Reach Admissions Assessment (A2®) Exam measures basic skills in the following academic content areas:
- Math: (55 items) Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, and general math facts.
- Reading Comprehension: (55 items) Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, including: identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge: (55 items) Contains basic vocabulary that is often used in health care fields.
- Grammar: (55 items) Contains basic grammar including: parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, and commonly occurring grammatical errors.
- Additional questions on the following topics will be included but not used in score determination:
- Learning Styles: 14 item assessment of the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Personality Style: 14 item assessment of personality related to the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Applicants will receive a printout of study tips based on their learning style and personality profile.
- Total time available to test: 4 hours
Where is the A2 Exam given?
The A2 Exam will be given in the Computer Technology Testing Center rooms 101/102. Several A2 Exam remote test dates will be offered this semester. Our Testing Department will provide you with more details on the technical requirements to take the exam.
Who should register for the A2 Exam?
All students who apply to the Radiologic Technology Program at Wallace Community College are required to take the A2® Exam as part of the application process. The score received on this exam will be considered as part of the selective admissions process. (See the Radiologic Technology Admissions Ranking Sheet for a breakdown of the scoring process.)
How do I prepare for the A2® Exam?
The Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam Review, 2nd Edition is available for purchase online from HESI.
Visit the website http://www.hesia2practicetest.com/ for practice test in grammar, vocabulary, reading and math.
How do I register for the A2® Exam?
Complete an Application for Admissions to Wallace Community College. Once your application is complete you will be assigned a student number which you must have to register for the exam. This student number also allows you to make payment for the exam.
You must email your request for a test date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org. The dates and times for taking the exam are listed above. Be sure to use a valid email address that you check often, as an email confirming your registration will be sent to the email address you use for registration.
The cost of the exam is of $35 (non-refundable).
Ten seats are available for each testing date and time.
You must register at least 24 hours prior to the exam.
What should I do on my scheduled test date?
- Be prepared 20-30 minutes prior to testing time
- Allow 4 hours in your schedule for the testing process
- Have the following to the test:
- Government issued picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc)
- A printed copy of your email test date confirmation
- Receipt for payment of the test from the business office
- Your email address
- Your student number
- Please note:
Calculators, cell phones, iPods and other electronic devices are NOT allowed in the testing lab.
No breaks are allowed during the testing process
Anything else I need to know?
- There is no minimum score for this exam. You should attempt to get the highest score possible.
- Evolve assesses a $15 fee to transfer A2® Exam scores to another program other than Wallace Community College.
- Missed exams are non-refundable; however you may attempt to reschedule by email no later than 24 hours prior to your original test date and time.
- The A2® Exam may be repeated only once during any admission time frame. When scheduling a second attempt you must state it is your second attempt in the registration email. There are two versions of the exam. The exam software will not allow a student to test twice on the same exam. If you do not identify yourself as a repeat tester you will be locked out of the exam and testing fees are non-refundable. The second attempt may be scheduled for any of the testing dates listed below.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
According to the U.S. Department of Education’s Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a disability may be defined as any individual who:
- has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such an impairment.
Any examinee who has a documented disability should contact Ryan Spry at (334) 556-2587 two weeks prior to registered testing date.