Dual Enrollment students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university are encouraged to consult the STARS guide for courses within a certain major. Students can complete the STARS Guide and follow the prompts to receive a transfer guide for their major.

Popular academic transfer courses include: 2.5 GPA for academic courses (Some school districts require a 3.0 GPA for academic dual enrollment)

  • English 101 and English 102 (English composition) – Must have a qualifying ACT score of 18 or higher on the English subscore or Accuplacer score
  • History 101 and 102 (Western Civilization) or History 201 and 202 (United States History)
  • Psychology 200 and 210
  • Art Appreciation 100
  • Music Appreciation 101
  • Speech 106 or 107 (Oral Communication or Public Speaking)
  • Biology 103 and 104 (Fundamentals of Biology)
  • Chemistry 111 and 112 (Fundamentals of Chemistry)
  • Math 112 (Precalculus/Algebra), Math 113 (Precalculus/Trigonometry), Math 125 (Calculus I) – Must have a qualifying ACT score of 22 or higher on the math subscore or Accuplacer score

NOTE:  Students are responsible for sending ACT results to Wallace Community College for English and Math placement consideration.  If submitting an ACT score, an official score report is NOT required.  A screenshot from a computer (not a smart phone) is acceptable, but the student’s first and last name must be shown.

For an easy tip on getting the entire name to show on the screen shot (especially helpful with longer names) check out the ACT Screenshot Tutorial.

If a student does not have an ACT score, the student may take the Accuplacer for placement consideration.  Information about the Accuplacer can be found on our website or by contacting testing services.

Career-technical programs include: 2.5 GPA including EMS and Medical Assisting, which also require a 2.5 GPA

  • Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Automotive Technology (Wallace Campus) – (Funded)
  • Business Administration and Management, Associate’s degree (both campuses)
  • Child Development (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Computer and Information Sciences (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Criminal Justice (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Drafting and Design Technology (Wallace campus) – (Funded)
  • Electrical Technology, Associate’s degree (Wallace Campus) – (Funded)
  • Industrial Systems/Industrial Maintenance Technology (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Medical Assistant (both campuses) – (Funded)
  • Welding (both campuses) – (Funded)

Workforce Development Funds might be available for High-Demand/High-Wage career technical areas (strictly based on funding).  Current scholarship consideration is for FUNDED COURSES ONLY.  These courses are denoted in the listing above.

Allied Health Programs

  • Associate Degree Nursing*
  • Emergency Medical Services*
  • Licensed Practical Nursing*
  • Physical Therapy Assistant*
  • Radiologic Technology*
  • Respiratory Therapist*

*Restrictions regarding program entrance requirements and courses exist within dual enrollment.