Dual Enrollment students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university in the state of Alabama are encouraged to consult Alabama Transfers for courses within a certain major. Students can complete the Alabama Transfers Guide and follow the prompts to receive a transfer guide for their major.
NOTE: Course selection will ultimately be derived from a process that begins with discussions between the parent, student, and HS Counselor.
- English 101 and English 102 (English composition)
- Must have a qualifying ACT score of 18 or higher on the English subscore or Accuplacer score
- History 101 and 102 (Western Civilization)
- History 201 and 202 (United States History)
- Psychology 200 and 210
- Art Appreciation 100
- Music Appreciation 101
- Speech 106 or 107 (Oral Communication or Public Speaking)
- Biology 103 and 104 (Fundamentals of Biology)
- Chemistry 111 and 112 (Fundamentals of Chemistry)
- Math 112 (Precalculus/Algebra), Math 113 (Precalculus/Trigonometry), Math 125 (Calculus I)
- Must have a qualifying ACT score of 22 or higher on the math subscore or Accuplacer score for Math 112
A 2.5 unweighted High School GPA mandatory for academic courses (Some school districts require a 3.0 GPA for academic dual enrollment)
NOTE: Students are responsible for sending ACT results to Wallace Community College for English and Math placement consideration. If submitting an ACT score, an official score report is NOT required. A screenshot from a computer (not a smart phone) is acceptable, but the student’s first and last name must be shown.
For an easy tip on getting the entire name to show on the screen shot (especially helpful with longer names) check out the ACT Screenshot Tutorial.
If a student does not have an ACT score, the student may take the Accuplacer for placement consideration. Information about the Accuplacer can be found on our website or by contacting testing services.
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Automotive Technology (Wallace Campus) – (Funded)
- Child Development (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Computer and Information Sciences (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Criminal Justice (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Electrical Technology (Wallace Campus) – (Funded)
- EMS Basic (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Engineering Graphics (Wallace campus) – (Funded)
- Industrial Systems Technology (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Masonry (Sparks Campus) – (Funded)
- Medical Assisting (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Office Administration (both campuses) – (Funded)
- Welding Technology (both campuses) – (Funded)
A minimum 2.5 unweighted High School GPA (including EMS and Medical Assisting) is required.
Complete pre-requisites needed for competitive entry into the following programs:
- Associate Degree Nursing*
- Emergency Medical Services*
- Licensed Practical Nursing*
- Physical Therapy Assistant*
- Radiologic Technology*
- Respiratory Therapist*
*Restrictions regarding program entrance requirements and courses exist within dual enrollment.